It’s no wonder outdoor kitchens are one of the hottest trends in Huntsville and the Tennessee Valley. They extend your outdoor living space as well as extend the time everyone can spend together. The person grilling can now enjoy their guests while they prep and cook. And with the right countertop space, those guests can even join in the fun by helping to prep and assemble the meal.
These new outdoor areas can also increase the value of your home while they increase the beauty of your backyard. Let’s take a look at the various elements which go into building an outdoor kitchen.
Planning an outdoor kitchen
This is a critical step in creating a new outdoor kitchen. There are many pieces and parts to a kitchen, so it needs to be very functional and efficient. Planning well will also help uncover any potential challenges such as the utilities, having ample space for installation equipment and other obstacles. In a well-planned kitchen someone has
- Designed the space based on use and flow
- Checked for permits
- Understood how utilities (gas, electric, water) might come into play
- Considered all of the equipment (grills, pizza ovens, refrigerators, counterspace, etc.)
Installing an outdoor kitchen
Outdoor kitchens require several different types of installations, from the appliances to the cabinets, to the pavers or stones, and possibly even new utilitities. These types of installtions are best handled by professionals to make sure all of the variables fit together well. With experience on their side, professionals have solutions to the issues which can pop up during a big project like this. Items to consider are
- Prepwork for the earthwork, utilities, stonework, and such
- Laying the patio base if it’s new or preparing the existing one
- Integrating the surrounding elements – does the grill line up well with the cabinet and countertop for instance?
- Crafting the stonework and/or creating the finishes
While there is a lot that goes into building an outdoor kitchen, it is a project that can smoothly with the right team on your side. Decorative Concrete is ready to be that team for you. Our design and installation crews will work with you to create the outdoor space you’ve been dreaming of!